Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy 36th Birthday!!

So far this is the 3rd birthday cake I've baked for myself eversince I've started baking frequently!! turning 36 this year, yes I'm borned in the year of Tiger, Mdm Tigress hehehe... cannot believe a couple of years I'm going to hit the BIG 40s!!

Do not have the chance to attend any proper baking class on decorating, so my piping skill and decorating looks ugly, at least the 3 rose chocolates manage to beautify the cake, in my own opinion :P Guess what? after piping the chocolate writing on the cake, keep finding somewhere is wrong but just could not figure out hahaha really mental blocked...then realise I have miss out the letter 'd' for the birthday!! gosh cannot believe how blur I am! luckily manage to salvage it because the wordings were not sticking onto the cocoa powder layer.

Lovely rose shape chocolate made by my newly bought rose shape silicone chocolate mould. Thanks Jane for recommend this product!

In order to prevent the cocoa powder from staining onto the cheesecake, I've to wipe the knife each time after I sliced each pieces. But still not able to get a completely 'clean' slice.

This is how the cake looks like after baking. Water-bathe baked will not burnt and dries out the cheesecake. After the cake is out of the oven, I touch the surface gently and it feels slightly soft. But chilling the cake in fridge will firm up the cake.

Ingredient
  • 150gm oreo cookies (cream removed)
  • 60gm butter
  • 500gm cream cheese, room temp
  • 100gm sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup bailey
Method
  1. Line the base of a 8" round loose-based cake pan.
  2. Place oreo cookies in a ziploc bag. Crush with a rolling pin. Melt butter in a small pot. Toss in crushed cookies. Mix evenly. Spread cookies crumbs into cake pan. Press down evenly using the back of a spoon. Chill.
  3. Using a electric whisk, beat cream cheese on low speed for 1 min until soft. Add sugar and beat on medium speed till soft and fluffy. Scrap down the sides of the mixing bowl in between.
  4. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well before adding the next egg. Drizzle in bailey and beat to combine.
  5. Pour cheese mixture onto cookie base. Water-bathe bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 60mins. (Wrap the bottom of the cake pan with foil to prevent water from seeping in) Cool completely in pan before unmoulding the cake. Chill the cake and dust with cocoa powder before serving.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Nice cake.

Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng
Happy birthday and many happy returns. You are so blessed to have a happy family and love ones surrounding you, 36 is only a number.
best regards

FATMUM said...

Happy Birthday Peng! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, I enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

happy birthday

Anonymous said...

Hi, May i know where can i buy the ingredient bailey? =)

Peng said...

thanks for all the wishes! :)

Bailey can be bought at some major supermarket. But I got my hubby to get from overseas DFS cos cheaper :)

mary said...

Happy birthday! Wishing you good health always!

mary said...

Hi Peng, may I check for this recipe, can I replace other like blueberry filling (on top) instead of adding bailey? thanks

Peng said...

Mary...what do u mean on top?

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng

Happy 36th B'day...enjoy reading your blog very much..have been using most of your recipes for my bake : )

For the bath, how much water or level is needed?? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng

What is Bailey?

Thanks...Lovingkids

Peng said...

For waterbathe, fill the pan with 2-3 cm warm water is enough.

Bailey is a alcohol drink blend with whisky, cocoa & cream.

Related Posts with Thumbnails